Thank you for your interest in advancing and defending civil liberties and civil rights in Tennessee.
ACLU-TN is a constant presence at the state capitol during the Tennessee General Assembly session, working to advance legislation that expands or protects our civil liberties and fighting against bills that infringe on our freedoms. But your voice is essential. You can check out highlights of our work at Legislative Watch List and take action on a range of issues below.
This year we are pursuing initiatives to:
- Advocate for reproductive justice and defend against any new abortion restrictions,
- Eliminate fees and fines imposed on families with youth in the justice system,
- Support re-enfranchisement of the 470,000 voting-age Tennesseans who lost their right to vote because of felony convictions,
- Defend against bans and restrictions on drag performances, and
- Oppose restrictions on health care access for trans Tennesseans – especially trans youth.